A very special unique wedding ceremony with a Jewish Celebrant here in Sydney.
In each of these interfaith wedding ceremonies, we work together to personalize the ceremony for you, as you can choose whichever rituals you want from each tradition.
View for more Jewish style wedding ceremonies and service.
Jewish Wedding Rituals
It is never too late to tie the knot. After 20 years together, this very much in love couple decided to have their wedding surrounded by their close family and friends. This is not a new union, but one which has been matured and proved itself to be the right one.
So at this wedding ceremony, the couple chose the following customs-
- The couple chose four close friends giving them the honour of holding the Chuppah, which is a very important part of the ceremony.
- The bride and groom circled together, to signify the seven days of creation.
- We had the kiddush, followed by both bride and groom sipping from the cup, signifying life.
- I read the seven blessings both in Hebrew with the explanation in English.
- Of course like in any Jewish wedding ceremony, the ceremony ended with the breaking of the glass by the groom, and everyone congratulating with “Mazal Tov”.
On top of it all, the location was a very unusual one. The bride and groom chose to have their wedding ceremony at the quarantine reserve in Abbotsford. A very significant location for the bride; a place where she grew up.
Contact me to book and discuss your very special wedding ceremony.
The couple’s wedding review
Wedding Ceremony Therese & John, November 2017