Overseas Couples

Overseas Couples Marrying in Australia,
ONLY 3 Easy Steps

Getting married in Australia – all nationalities are welcome to marry here.
The same legal regulations apply to local and overseas couples! 

Yes, It Is Very Easy to have an Australian wedding with the assistance of an experienced marriage celebrant! A celebrant who will enable you to plan while preparing and conducting a unique, inspirational, professional wedding ceremony.

Weddings in Australia

3 Easy Steps for a wedding in Australia-

  1. If you are in Australia we fill in the NOIM together online on the registry website. 
    If you’re overseas – Fill in the NOIM, sign and email it to me for lodgement. 
    (contact me for detailed instruction on how to fill it correctly).
    The NOIM has to be lodged with me at least 1 calendar month before the wedding.
  2. Arrive on the day with valid passports (Divorce/death papers if applicable). 
  3. Enjoy your wedding ceremony in beautiful Sydney 🙂
  • I will happily assist you in arranging your special day – hassle-free.
  • We can interact easily either via webcam, Skype or phone, any App and emails. Thus, taking away a lot of the stress of organizing weddings from the other side of the world.
  • You will get easy to work with marriage celebrant.
  • I am a very experienced celebrant, hence, all legal work will be done properly. 
  • Following the ceremony, I will register your wedding online so that you can pick up your certificate on the same day from the registry in town. 
  • Your marriage will be registered in Australia and will be legal in your country.
  • Overseas couples choosing a destination wedding in Australia is a happy occasion. 

View more Couples and info on getting married in Australia 

Australia Marriage
The Advantages of Having Your Wedding in Australia

  • I will help you to make your dream come true – hence, tie the knot in beautiful Australia.
  • All you need to do is follow the Australian legal requirements, and generally, your marriage will be legal in your own country. (you should check with your own relevant authority)
  • You might like to check out Affordable Midweek Weddings. ( maybe under Sydney bridge)=
  • You can have your wedding ceremony at any time and almost any place. (beaches, gardens, parks, onboard a boat in the beautiful Sydney harbour, indoor or outdoor)
  • There is no limit to what you may include in a legal civil marriage.
  • You can have any ceremony secular or religious ceremony. While we can include any music and readings. Either with religious connotations, prayers or any other readings in your civil ceremony if you wish.
  • Except for some legal wording required during the service, we can create a beautiful tailored made ceremony just for you.
  • We can communicate entirely through emails, facetime, fax, phone, Skype, What’s up, or mail.
  • Everyone speaks English, but if you are not native English- speakers, Australia is one of the most multicultural countries on earth.

Getting Married in Australia 
Contact Reliable Experienced Marriage Celebrant

Before the wedding ceremony
  • Interact by email or phone to check my availability and to discuss lodgment of the Notice of Intent to Marry.
  • I will email you the Notice of Intent Marriage form. You will need to complete and lodge with me the form at least one month prior to the wedding.
  • Once I lodge the notice, it is valid for a maximum period of 18 months.
    I usually get couples to handle this as early as possible to ensure we have no last-minute hiccups.
    You will need to fill in pages 3-4 of the form carefully. Then have it signed in front of an appropriate officer.
  • An appropriate officer who can sign the NOIM outside of Australia is one of the following:
    • An Australian Diplomatic Officer
    • An Australian Consular Officer
    • A Notary Public – A person in any country publicly authorized to attest contracts and perform other formalities. Someone authorized to witness legal documents.
    • An employee of the Commonwealth authorized under para 3(c)  of the Consular Fees Act 1955
    • An employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorized under para 3 (d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955
    • The easiest of all of these is usually the Notary Public.
  • Once this has been done the form should be scanned and emailed first. Then posted by registered mail.
  • When a booking is made, the deposit is paid; I can email my resources folder.
    Previous clients have always valued this.
When you arrive in Australia
  • When you arrive in the country I can then view your original Identification (Usually your passports)
  • Any documents regarding a previous marriage must be presented to me prior to the wedding. eg A Divorce or a Death Certificate. All documents must be translated into English.
  • Happy to suggest breathtaking wedding locations around Sydney.
  • I will take care of all the legal work for your wedding.
  • Can assist you in choosing the right reliable suppliers.
  • And will make sure you have a beautiful meaningful wedding ceremony.
After your Wedding Ceremony
  • You will receive “The Ceremonial, Australian Commonwealth, Marriage Certificate”.
  • You can collect your official marriage certificate within 2-3 days from the registry as I register all weddings online the same day as the wedding.
  • So Couples from the USA UK or NZ, only need the official marriage certificate from the Sydney Registry Office.
    (35 Regent Street, Chippendale Sydney Tel 1300-655236)
  • For couples from all other countries:
    So in order to register the marriage in your country, you will need to obtain an Apostil stamp from The Dept of Foreign Affairs in Sydney
    (Level 7, 26 Lee Street, Chippendale Sydney Tel 02 9207 6904)
Overseas couples marrying in Australia DON’T need to-
  • be a resident/citizen in Australia for any length of time (So I can actually marry you on the day you arrive)
  • stay in Australia for any length of time after the wedding
  • pay any government fees
  • have any pre-marriage education  
  • have any blood tests done.
  • go through any medical examination or certificates.
  • show identification documentation about your parents (only information that is required for the NOIM)
  • have the consent of parents/guardians if you are over 18 (as 18 is the legal age to marry in Australia)
  • follow any specific dress code
  • exchange rings – if you don’t want to
  • change your name

So Contact me for any assistance or questions you might have.
It is important to remember that there can only be one legal marriage. It can be either civil or religious, any further ceremony has to be a re-affirmation of vows ceremony.

For Overseas couples marrying in Australia and local couples, I can advise on beautiful wedding locations in and around Sydney.
Ask me about an amazing location for a wedding with the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Bridge in the background.

For an agreed small fee, I can offer you my service in researching, contacting and getting quotes from different wedding suppliers for your wedding ceremony. 

error: Content is protected !!