Marriage Registration, Marriage Certificate,
Getting Married in NSW
Marriage Registration, marriage certificate and the NOIM – are all part of the legal procedure part of having a wedding ceremony in Sydney, NSW.
It is very easy to marry in NSW Australia when we just follow the legal procedure and guidance with an experienced celebrant. Instead of having your wedding at the Registry office, I can marry you and assist with all needed advice.
In order to register to marry in NSW, you’ll need to fill in the NOIM and lodge it with your celebrant.
How to get your Marriage Registered
According to the Australian marriage law, how to marry in NSW is very easy and straightforward.
- We will first need to complete the Notice of Intended Marriage. So together we fill in the Notice of Intended Marriage, NOIM, online straight on the BDM’s website. This actually really starts the legal path to your wedding ceremony.
OR – If you can’t meet with me, I can email you the NOIM, you fill it in, have it signed by a JP and post it to me to lodge for you online.
- You will need to provide some information such as your full names, address, date of birth and place, and occupation. If applicable – any previous marriage and children. As well as some information about your parents such as their full names and country of birth.
- The documents you will need to present are either your original birth certificates OR your passports.
If applicable – you will also need to provide any documents such as divorce papers, death or nullity.
- Enjoy and get married either at my place or anywhere else you choose:)
After the Wedding Ceremony
- As your celebrant, I will take care of all the legal part.
Hence, register your wedding at the marriage registry NSW, which I am able to do online on the same day of your wedding ceremony.
- After the wedding, I can also apply for the official marriage certificate from the BDM on your behalf. You will receive it by registered mail, hopefully within a few days following your wedding ceremony. It all depends on how busy the registry is.
The marriage certificate is a legal document, but nowadays you can also purchase a more decorative one.
My Marriage Service includes-
- Take care of all the paperwork.
- You will receive my personal service.
- It can be Cheaper than at the registry.
- You will have a beautiful personalized wedding ceremony.
- You can either have your wedding at my place or at any other location.
Contact me so I can guide you and assist you getting married in NSW.