Overseas Couples Getting Married in Australia,
ONLY 3 Easy Steps
Contact NOW & Get Best Celebrant Assistance
Overseas couples marrying in Australia – all nationalities are welcomed to marry here.
Yes, It is Very Easy !!!
In a nut shell-
- Fill in and Sign the NOIM and post it to me (I will email you the form).
- Arrive on the day with valid passports (Divorce/death papers if applicable).
- Have your wedding ceremony.
I will happily assist you in arranging your special day – hassle free.
We can interact easily either via webcam, Skype or fax, phone and emails. Thus, taking away a lot of the stress in organising weddings from the other side of the world.
I am a very experienced and easy to work with celebrant.
The Advantages of Having your Wedding in Australia
- I will help you to make your dream come true – hence, tie the knot in beautiful Australia.
- You might like to check out Affordable Midweek Weddings.( maybe under Sydney bridge)
- All you need to do is follow the Australian legal requirements, and generally your marriage will be legal in your own country .(you should check with your own relevant authority)
- You can have your wedding ceremony any time and almost any place. (beaches, gardens, parks, on board a boat in the beautiful Sydney harbour, indoor or outdoor)
- There is no limit to what you may include in a legal civil marriage.
- You can have any ceremony secular or religious ceremony. While we can include any music and readings. Either with religious connotations, prayers or any other readings in your civil ceremony if you wish.
- Except for some legal wording required during the service, we can create a beautiful tailored made ceremony just for you.
- We can communicate entirely by emails, fax, phone, Skype, or mail.
- Everyone speaks English , but if you are not native English- speakers, Australia is one of the most multicultural countries on earth.
Overseas Visitors Marrying in Australia
Contact Reliable Experienced Marriage Celebrant
- Interact by email or phone to check my availability and to discuss lodgment of the Notice of Intent to Marry.
- I will email you the Notice of Intent Marriage form. You will need complete and lodge with me the form at least one month prior to the wedding.
- Once I lodge the notice, it is valid for a maximum period of 18 months.
I usually get couples to handle this as early as possible to ensure we have no last minute hiccups.
You will need to fill in pages 3-4 of the form carefully. Then have it signed in front of an appropriate officer.
- An appropriate officer who can sign this form outside of Australia is one of the following:
- An Australian Diplomatic Officer
- An Australian Consular Officer
- A Notary Public – A person in any country publicly authorised to attest contracts and perform other formalities. Someone authorised to witness legal documents.
- An employee of the Commonwealth authorised under para 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955
- An Employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under para 3 (d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955
- The easiest of all of these is usually the Notary Public.
- Once this has been done the form should be scanned and emailed first. Then posted by registered mail.
- When a booking is made, the deposit is paid; I can email my resources folder.
Previous clients have always valued this.
- When you arrive in the country I can then view your original Identification (Birth certificate providing it is in English or passports)
- Any documents regarding a previous marriage must be presented to me prior to the wedding. eg A Divorce or a Death Certificate. All documents must be translated to English.
- I will take care of all the legal work for your wedding.
- Can advise you on beautiful locations around Sydney.
- And will make sure you have a beautiful meaningful wedding ceremony.
After the your Wedding Ceremony
- You will receive “The Ceremonial, Australian Commonwealth, Marriage Certificate” .
- You can collect your official marriage certificate with in 2-3 days from the registry as I register all weddings on line same day of the wedding.
- So Couples from the USA UK or NZ ,only need the official marriage certificate from the Sydney Registry Office.
(35 Regent Street, Chippendale Sydney Tel 1300-655236)
- For couples from all other countries:
So in order to register the marriage in your country, as well as obtaining your Registered Marriage Certificate, you will also need to obtain an Apostil stamp from The Dept of Foreign Affairs in Sydney
(Level 7, 26 Lee Street, Chippendale Sydney Tel 02 9207 690402 9207 6904)
To tie the knot in Australia You Don’t need to-
- be a resident/citizen in Australia for any length of time (So I can actually marry you on the day you arrive)
- stay in Australia for any length of time after the wedding
- pay any goverment fees
- have any pre-marriage education
- have any blood tests done.
- go through any medical examination or certificates.
- show identification documentation about your parents (only information that is required for the NOIM)
- have a consent of parents / guardians if you are over 18 (as 18 is the legal age to marry in Australia)
- follow any specific dress code
- exchange rings – if you don’t want to
- change your name
So Contact me for any assisnce or questions you might have.
It is important to remember that there can only be one legal marriage. It can be either civil or religious, any further ceremony has to be a re-affirmation of vows ceremony.
Recomended An amazing Location for a wedding with Sydney Opera House and Sydney Bridge in the background.